Friday, December 4, 2009

Ian

Everytime I hear the name Ian I can't help but be swept by emotion. You see, three years ago yesterday, Ian Jonathan was born to our dear friends. He looked just like their other three sons, so beautiful...an amazing mix of their parents. But this day was not full of joy. No, this day was full of tears, sadness and grieving. Ian had died a few days earlier while still in his mommy's womb. Ian has touched our lives more than we ever imagined, and we were only able to spend a few short hours with his lifeless body. Ian has taught us many things. He has taught us that God will do all His holy will, and it won't make sense to us much of the time...but yet, God is good. Our dear friends have allowed us to be a part of their lives and of the loss they have experienced. They have given us a gift that has truly changed us. We have been so blessed to walk beside them as they share with us all that God has done in their lives through the loss of their precious son. Our friends are currently in another state for work purposes, so this is the first year since Ian was born that I can not hug my friend. This makes me so sad. I know that she needs a hug and to know that Ian is not forgotten. When looking forward to eternity, one of my greatest anticipations is to see the joyful reunion of Ian with his parents. No more pain. No more missing. Until that day, our friends press on through the grief. They persevere with a son and brother absent from their everyday. How I wish I could do more to encourage and comfort. For now I will pray and long expectantly for that glorious day when my friends will hug their precious Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment