Saturday, December 5, 2009

Does a mom's heart good...

This afternoon Kara and I were making supper together. This is often when we have some of our best talks..or most hilarious ones! For your entertainment...
Me: Kara, I just love cooking meals for our family. Isn't it fun to do it together?

Kara: Yes mom, it's so fun!

Me: Perhaps someday you will be able to enjoy cooking meals for your own husband and kids.

Kara: (no response...just a very sad look)

Me: What's wrong??

Kara: Momma, I don't want to leave! I want to stay here with you and Dad and Luke and Ellie. My husband and kids can just come over for a visit and eat with us here, then they can leave and I'll stay here with you.

HA! I love the way a three year old thinks, and I'm glad that this three year old loves her family. I know someday she will leave, and I realize it will come much more quickly than I can imagine. Until then, I will treasure our little chats and encourage her to love the roll that God may bless her with in her very own family someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment