Tuesday, October 27, 2009

mmmmm mmmmm good


A few weeks ago I ventured into the world of pie baking.



Until I took this brave leap, I had "baker's block", as I like to call it. There are certain things that I have never tried to make, simply because I have never done it and am not confident that they will turn out. I had never made a pie crust and had convinced myself that it would be a flop! One evening I had been shopping in Meijer and found a glass pie plate for $1.99. The week before I had seen them, but they cost $5.00. I wanted to buy it but thought there were many more important things that $5.00 could go towards. Well, when I saw them for a mere $1.99 I thought it was time to conquer this crazy fear of "the crust." I was amazed at the results of my attempt! A delicious apple pie, and a very happy hubby! I foresee many more pies in my family's future!

No comments:

Post a Comment