Friday, August 28, 2009

Thankful...

I just got off the phone with a dear friend that I went to college with my freshman year. We were wondering why we don't talk on the phone more often. What a blessing friendship is! Bearing one another's burdens. Sharing in eachother's joys. I am so thankful for it. It is always the "bearing of the burdens" that seems to draw you closer. The joys are wonderful, but isn't it true that the pain is what really cements your friendship? That sure seems to be the case in my life. I've had some friends apologize for the fact that Ben and I have had to walk through the mud of life with them. More and more I am learning that being able to walk through trials with people is a gift. I wouldn't trade it. So, if I have walked through a trial with you, big or small, know that it truly is a joy for me to walk beside you. And for those of you who have pulled me through some of those deep waters, thank you! Our God is so gracious to have put you in my life!

1 comment:

  1. oh, so very true. God knew what he was doing when he allowed us to suffer, huh? the things we learn, the ways we grow, and most of all the people we connect with. i'm honored that you have known my sorrows. i love you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete