Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sweet Sleep

I so easily forget how exhausting having children up in the night can be. For some reason I haven't been able to sleep well for a few nights. My sweet husband, being the hero that he so often is, had me tucked into bed by 10:00 last night with high hopes that I would snooze the night away! It appeared to be a success! My head hit the pillow and I was out. Well, at about 10:20 Luke started whaling. Ben got him calmed down pretty quickly and was still pretty happy that we would be snoozing by quarter to 11. At about 11:10 Luke began again, and I didn't get him settled til about 2. Now it is nap time, and just as I got snuggled down on the couch for a nap myself, Luke began his piercing cries. He is getting two teeth right now, so we think that is the culprit! Goodbye sweet sleep. Someday I will know you again :) I have a few friends right now with newborns, and God is reminding me how much they need my prayers. So, I am committing my sleepless times in the nights to praying for these friends. Those first couple weeks can feel daunting to a new mom. They are precious days, but can be so draining! Funny how we forget those times so quickly. I guess God wanted to give me a little reminder so I would better sympathise with my sleep-deprived friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment