Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthday Week

Today I was looking at my calendar and realized that our birthday fun week is only 2 weeks away! I'm in need of some creative, yet simple and not too time consuming, cake ideas. Last year we had a party with Kara's little girl friends (which was a blast), but this year I think we will just be celebrating with family and keeping things simple. Kara's birthday is on the 11th and the twins on the 14th. Last year Kara wanted a big pink heart cake which was simple and very yummy!! I'm thinking it might be fun to stick with a traditional big pink heart cake for Kara and Ellie given the time of year and something different for Luke. Not sure what to do! The past few years with Kara have been so fun seeing her delight in what we come up with. Time is ticking, and we will see what we come up with. Any ideas are welcome!!!

3 comments:

  1. fun stuff! i don't know how i missed the memo but i didn't realize all three of your kiddos were so close together in birthdays! you know i love cakes. the easiest ones i've done have been either in a mold or rather than relying on piping/frosting for the details, they use candy to create the eyes, nose, antennae, etc. any theme in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I'm thinking of doing a soccer ball for luke, since that is the thing he loves most in this world! Kara changes her mind daily as to what she wants, but I'm thinking a daisy for Ellie. Simple, and cute. Kara says she loved her heart cake and wants it every year for the rest of her life! well, she says that every other day :) she loves flowers, princesses, ladybugs, all that good stuff. not sure yet what to do! if you have any good website or just pics of some you've done or like, please pass them my way. it would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a train cake for Corban's 2nd birthday - I used a loaf pan to bake the cake and then just cut it into thirds for little train cars. I just covered them in frosting, then put twizzlers in a square around the top and filled the tops with whatever - m&ms, gumdrops, etc. You could decorate each car for a different kiddo. I'll email you a picture. It wouldn't win any contests, but Corban liked it and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete